In the Radiation Oncology department, ionizing radiation is used to control malignant cells as part of cancer treatment. In order to transmit the radiation to the diseased organ in the most accurate and appropriate way, devices such as TrueBeam developed for this purpose are needed. The use of high doses of radiation with the use of these devices for the purpose of destroying mostly cancerous tissue or providing palliation is called "radiotherapy" or "radiation therapy".
- Radiotherapy (radiation therapy) means treating cancer using ionizing radiation.
- It is the only (basic) treatment for cancer.
- High doses of radiation given by radiotherapy can kill cancerous cells and prevent them from dividing and multiplying.
- This method can be used to shrink the tumor before surgery. It can be used after surgery to stop the growth of remaining cancer cells (adjuvant therapy).
- It can be combined with other treatments such as chemotherapy to destroy cancer cells.
Fill in the form and we will call you
for Get An Offer Or Info
International Patient Services, Our Medical Team Will Get Back To You As Soon As Possible.