What is Dermatology?
Dermatology is a field of medicine dealing with the health of the skin and diseases of the hair, nails and mucous membranes. The skin is the largest organ in the body. It is the first line of defense against bacteria and injury and often reflects overall health.
Dermatology is a diverse specialty encompassing disorders and diseases of the skin, hair, nails, mucous membrane, and a number of sexually transmitted diseases.
The Most Common Dermatological Conditions:
Acne: Acne on the skin due to inflammation of the sebaceous glands.
Dermatitis: Dermatitis is an inflammation of the skin. It often causes swelling with an itchy rash.
Eczema: It is an individual disease that varies from person to person and occurs in many different forms. The disease is not contagious. In mild cases of eczema, the skin is dry, scaly, red, and itchy. In more severe cases, skin rash, crusting, and bleeding occur. Constant scratching causes the skin to break down and bleed. In this case, it leaves the skin open to infection.
Psoriasis: This is a chronic, autoimmune skin disease that accelerates the growth of skin cells.
Fungal Infections: An infection of the skin or nails caused by a fungus.
Warts: These are contagious, benign skin growths that occur when a virus affects the top layer of the skin.
Cold sores: Inflamed blister near the mouth caused by the herpes simplex virus.
Skin Cancer: Uncontrolled growth of skin cells.
Which diseases are included in the field of Dermatology?
- Skin (skin) Diseases: Psoriasis (psoriasis), vitiligo, lichen planus, eczema, acne, warts, moles, fungal infections, urticaria (hives), scabies
- Hair Diseases: Hair loss, hair lice, fungal infections
- Nail Diseases: Nail fungus, ingrown toenail, nail deformities
- Intraoral Mucosal Diseases: Oral aphthae, tongue wounds
- Skin Infections: Cellulite, furuncle, carbuncle, impetigo
- Skin Cancers
- Behcet 's disease
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Syphilis, genital herpes, genital warts (HPV), gonorrhea (gonorrhea)
Treatment Methods in Dermatology
- Topical Medicines
- Systemic Drugs
- Surgical Intervention
- Photodynamic Therapy
- Laser Therapy
Fill in the form and we will call you
for Get An Offer Or Info
International Patient Services, Our Medical Team Will Get Back To You As Soon As Possible.